Monday, February 15, 2010

Ribbon & Pearls

Stella & Dot's Jenna Pearl and Ribbon necklace was featured in Rachel Ray's Christmas gift guide.  I loved it, but not the price ($51 USD).

I took matters into my own hands and made my own version. 

The project takes nearly one yard of black grosgrain ribbon. There are 16 inches of grosgrain on each side and 23 faux pearls (the pearls measure about 17 inches in length, but you require more ribbon than that as the ribbon wraps around the pearl).

I picked up the pearls at Arton Bead for about $5.   For my version, I used beading wire (which does not require a needle, you just poke the wire through the pearl and then the ribbon), but you can also use fishing line and a needle.


I recently noticed that Blue Cricket Design has a tutorial for a similar necklace, so you may want to check out their version.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad you liked my clementine crate idea.
    I love this necklace! I knew I saved that old faux pearl necklace for a reason! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are unstoppable with your craftiness! This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!