Monday, February 22, 2010

Leg Warmers or What a Feelin'

 
(Image via Liketotally80s)

I have been wanting to make leg warmers for a long time.

Ardene sells knee highs cheap - 5-6 pairs for $10.  {Confession: I don't question the reason for such a low price point}


Miss Lily has been enrolled in gymnastics or ballet or both since she was about 18 months.  She likes her leg warmers.  I used this tutorial (note there are many out there and I machine-stitched) and came up with these.


Easy Peasy.  We're both happy.


Flashback:
First, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream
That your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind
All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel, made of stone
This first time I saw Flashdance, it was a BETA (did you catch that? a say-it-again BETA) recording of Flashdance at my BFF's house.  Her dad "fast-forwarded" any "sketchy parts".  I remember that day like it was yesterday, especially the Maniac scene.... formative moment.  Like passing "finite" math.

1 comment:

  1. *laughing* A formative moment for sure. Oh the BETA! It was a choice of quality over quantity according to Dr. AWB. I remember the BETA section at Videoflicks getting smaller and smaller...he finally had to give up the dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!