Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Happy Baker Chick: The Dater's Guide to Emotional Baking

(Via Chapters)

I want to give a shout out to the Happy Baker Chick.   I was fortunate to attend Erin Bolger's book promo at First Canadian Place.  She was interviewed by e-talk's Traci Melchor (can you believe she has twins?!). 




Sampled some of Erin's "who needs a man on Valentine's Day biscotti." Yum.

Erin is a personable baker (and make up artist!).  She self-published this book (at about $50K) and has done basically all her own promo as well as financing her own 6 week book tour.  She said she went on this cook book journey because she wanted to use another part of her brain.  Sort of why I write this blog.

Erin will be on CBC's Dragons' Den this Wednesday. She is also off to Paris this week for Gourmand's World Cookbook Fair as Canada's dessert cookbook finalist!

Fortunately, I haven't been on the dating scene for a really long time - that doesn't mean I don't love a good cupcake.

1 comment:

  1. Did you catch Erin on Dragon's Den? She did well in the end. Those Dragons are tough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!