Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gnomes

I have mentioned before that we are planning a Magic Onions inspired fairy garden.   While its still too cool to start on any outdoor work, I thought we could get a head start on who might live in such a garden.

I used Wee Folk Art's felt gnome tutorial and Miss Lily picked the colour combinations.  About 3 hours later, we welcomed these little gnomes to our family.

Partnership Meeting


Closeup, Blanket Stitch improving

Next project: Making fairies for the garden

Before I wrap up, just a few inspiring of images of gnomes around the web:

(Image via Amazon)
Rien Poortvliet and Wil Huygen’s work (30th anniversary edition) based on their observations in Holland. I recall this book, first released in 1976, from my childhood and still going strong.

Nick & Nora Gnome Flannel Sheets (via Target)
 Phillippe Starck's Gnome Table (for Kartell).

Image Via Unica Home

Michael Miller's Gnomeville and Gnomes Collection



You should check out the entire collection here, but here are two of my favourites
And the travellers
Via Here - don't you love St. Basil's Cathedral and the Sydney Opera House?

Have a magical day,

2 comments:

  1. Your gnomes turned out so great! Tell Miss Lily I love her color choices! I'll be linking on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ! I just bought the gnome book you've listed from Amazon! It's going to feature soon on my blog as a recent Value Village score ($3.99), along with some great books.

    Now that I have the book and such a cute example of a gnome and a tutorial, I will have to make these too. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!