Thursday, February 4, 2010

Felt Rosettes & Heart Wreath

I recently borrowed a copy of Anne Kyrro's book, "Felt Furnishings" from our local library and fell in love with felt rosettes.  If you are intrigued by the cover shot, you can find a tutorial for the pillow shown above on Etsy, here.

A number of other crafters have been equally inspired by Kyrro's work.

Kirsten at Domestifluff made this felt wreath which was also featured on Design Sponge here.

The Idea Room's Valentine's Day take on a rosette wreath is found here.  It is a "no sew" project.

I tried out the Idea Room's version.  Here it is.

I picked up the styrofoam wreath form at a Niagara Central Hobby Shop in St. Catherines, Ontario.  The shop had a few different sizes (this one is about 6 inches across and sold for about $3.00).

For this project, I used red craft felt.  Sadly, wool felt is very difficult, if not impossible to find, in my area (the hunt for wool felt will likely be the subject of an entirely separate post).

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this Valentines wreath idea when you first posted it, KJ. And this year I'm going to give some version of it a try. Better late than never! I'll post my attempt on http://realisticmummy.blogspot.com. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!