Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Bunting


 
bunt·ing  noun.


1. A light cotton or woolen cloth used for making flags.
2. Flags considered as a group.
3. Strips of cloth or material usually in the colors of the national flag, used especially as drapery or streamers for festive decoration.

I love buntings. I made this one for Valentine's Day. 
 


 
It is a scalloped bunting. I used the pattern from Alicia Paulsen's Stitched in Time.
 

(Image Via Amazon)
 
I modified her instructions.  Instead of painting the words with fabric paint, I cut the letters out of Prestofelt (sticky back felt), using magnetic fridge alphabet letters as a template.  

The bunting is in our kitchen.  It makes me smile.

I am linking this one to A Soft Place's Do It Yourself Day.

And Skip to My Lou


6 comments:

  1. Where did you get the Presto felt? I had never heard of it. Do they have it at Michael's or Fabricland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - Love the wording you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have been making so many of these, I keep wondering if I should stop! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Kareena, gorgeous against the bright window.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!