Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

So [one] of my New Year's Resolutions was to start a blog about the projects I am working on.  I don't even know how to use the text messaging feature on my cell phone, so please bear with me.
I know you are probably tired hearing about holiday decor and have moved onto minimalist interiors, I must get this one off my chest (another resolution).

The office party decor.
You see, my pal N and I, started this lunch time craft club.  Partly because we wanted to use the other half of our brain and partly because the Kitchen Table was closed for renovations. Actually, we are the only members -  sort of like my one follower.

I told N that snugasabugSnugasabug was giving out free bags of polar fleece scraps.
Because she drives and I don't she kindly made the trek to pick up the loot. The "scraps" came in a contractor/renovation bag - not just a garbage bag. A large bag full of polar fleece scraps depicting cars, cats, leopard spots, football helmets which now sits in her office just waiting to be used.





Inspired by Wisecraft, we made these wreaths.  We held a "lunch meeting" and held a tutorial. A few others seemed interested.








We hung the wreaths on our office doors and suddenly we were asked to "coordinate" the office party decorations. We were advised that our budget was $25.








With very little budget, we used our legal reports (i.e. the Ontario Reports) to make one of Lindsay's Book Wreaths



and we enlisted the help of about 10 colleagues to make these 3-D snowflakes using a wiki tutorial. The snowflakes hung from the ceiling. Great impact.


We received many compliments about the decorations.  I can't conclude this post without mentioning V's yule log cake in all its Martha Glory.  I found the deer at Value Village. It was included in a bag of battered nativity figurines.
The "mushrooms" are made of meringue and so realistic.  It was absolutely delicious.

I will post a few more scrap polar fleece projects soon.  Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of starting a lunch hour craft group at work too this year. Great minds think alike. I'll use your blogging as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K! Thanks for sending me your blog... we'll be following along closely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go K. Can't wait to see what craftiness we get up to in 2010! N.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!