Friday, January 15, 2010

Never Underestimate a Woman's Intuition


Image Via Amazon

I love mysteries and sleuths.  As a kid, I dreamed of opening my own detective agency and loved women detectives - Jessica (Murder, she Wrote), Miss Marple...., but above all this classy lady was my hero. She could do no wrong.




And, of course, this was my favourite board game.



(Image Via Amazon)

So, it's not surprising that I find the No. 1 Detective Agency books by Alexander McCall Smith particularly endearing. 

If you are looking for something to rent this weekend the HBO production is amazing. 

We were able to pick up the series (7 episodes) at our local video haunt, The Film Buff and absolutely loved it.  The stories are both provocative and charming and the series is visually stunning.  {Grace at the Design Sponge has posted a couple of times on the lovely set styling - here and here.}

While you are watching, don't forget to brew a cup of bush tea. 
Bush tea is very important to Mma Ramotswe and her assistant,   Mma Makutsi. It is a reddish tea, caffeine-free, which is also known as rooibos (red bush tea). It is an acquired taste, and may be drunk with honey, in which case it is called honeybush tea.
At our house, we drink this variety.


(Image Via President's Choice)

Unfortunately, plans for any future HBO episodes are unclear according to this recent USA Today article.

As for the series in print, the 11th book, "The Double Comfort Safari Club", will be released on April 20, 2010.

(Image via Amazon)


I hope you enjoy Precious as much as I do.

Have a happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!