Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby

I have been reading Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby.  Lotta is a Swedish-born, self-taught designer who operates a successful studio in Brooklyn, NY.


(via Amazon)

She has a number of interesting projects for the beginner and intermediate sewer.  Here is my attempt at the "soft scarf and hat" project (p. 54).







This is not a polar fleece scrap project.  The hat takes two rectangles.  Lotta's instructions call for  9X9.5 inches, but I ended up using two 12 X 12 inch pieces -- first attempt was too tight.  

The scarf takes two rectangles of 5 X 13 inches (I lined mine with blue flannel). Unfortunately, flannel lining did not work for the hat, not enough stretch.  Next time, I will add another couple of inches to the length of the scarf.

I hope to try out a few more projects from Lotta's book, such as potato printing!


1 comment:

  1. I have this too!!! LOVE IT! I used it to make the bloomers on my blog (blogged about it in an earlier post as well). I have the scarf on my to-do list, but we live very south, and it stays hot for probably 7 months out of the year, so no rush yet. :) Thanks for stopping by and the wonderfully sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!