Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cupid Watercolour

Since I saw this post  on Wee Folk Art, I have not been able to get the idea out of my head.  What a simple wonderful project with so many applications.

With Valentine's Day in mind, we tried it with a cupid silhouette cut out of contact paper. I literally traced this one from my screen.



We used the Parents Easy Squeeze Paints. [These paints have received terrible reviews on Amazon, but I don't think they are that bad - that being said, my expectations of products marketed for children are really low.]

Here is the final masterpiece.  The paint did bleed under the contact paper (changing Cupid's figure) but she enjoyed making it. 




Afterwards we enjoyed this...




5 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used. It's got this burnt copper look to it. How long did that take to make? Please make me one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. You are on our valentines list. Send me your snail mail address!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cupid! You are right, there are so many times throughout the year this technique can be used. Thanks for sharing on WFA. I'm going to link to this on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waffle recipe please. Look delicious! And congrats on getting WFA to notice. You and your blog are going places . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. have you found a good yeast recipe for your waffles yet, Kareena? It is the only way we make them now! (yours look ab-fab with the blueberries, btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!