Saturday, January 23, 2010

Car Caddy

I have been wanting to make one of these caddies for a while. It is basically the same concept as a crayon roll.  My daughter is going a little boy's birthday party, so this is a perfect gift (along with a few Hotwheels or Pixar cars).

I found two different tutorials by two very crafty bloggers.  

Homemade by Jill entered her design in the So You Think You're Crafty competition.  Jill's tutorial can be found here.  The other tutorial, (the one I used), is created by Sharla at My Little Gems. Her tutorial is found  here.

Unfortunately, I did not have any hotwheels for the photoshoot (my girls do Thomas, but not Hotwheels).



And here it is all rolled up



The car fabric is actually a thrifted Pottery Barn Oscar sheet scored at Value Village ($4.99).

If you are looking for other possible fabric choices, here are some options:

The "Traffic Jam" collection by Allison Jane Smith





My personal favourite is "the Wheels Collection" by My Mind's Eye (Riley Blake).  This collection was  released on January 21st and has just arrived in My Needle and Thread's Etsy Shop.  Here's just a small sample of what I think is probably the coolest fabric for little boys!

 

 And another well-priced option is the Oh Boy line by David Walker available at Cotton Thread Fabric's shop


 I love good fabric. Don't you?



2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing. I think I need that Riley Blake stuff :) since I have every car fabric created but that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the different car fabric. did the little boy like his car caddy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!