Friday, January 22, 2010

Bringing my lunch


(Via Renees)



Man (also seated at the counter): Excuse me. I couldn't help overhearing. I notice you're eating a poppy seed muffin.
Elaine: Yeah, I eat these muffins all the time.
Man: Well, you know what opium is made from...
Elaine (as though receiving a revelation): Poppies!


I am trying to bring my own lunch now, well at least a salad and it's Friday and I brought a salad twice.  Two hundred per cent improvement over last week  - so the Renee's comes in handy.  Try it.  I have never really liked salad dressings out of a jar, but I like this one.

If you are into the sandwich thing and depending on your office lunch room culture, you may need these.



Anti-theft lunch bag available here

Which reminds of tha Friends episode when Ross' turkey sandwich is stolen:



Dr. Leedbetter: I-I'm sorry. I, I-I-I believe I ate that.

Ross: You ate my sandwich?
Dr. Leedbetter: It was a simple mistake. It could happen to anyone.
Ross: (getting upset) Oh-oh really? Did you confuse it with your own turkey sandwich with a Moist Maker?
Dr. Leedbetter: No.
Ross: Do you perhaps seeing a note on top of it?
Dr. Leedbetter: There may have been a-a joke or a limerick of some kind.
Ross: (getting angry) That said it was my sandwich?!
Dr. Leedbetter: Now-now calm down. Come look in my office, some of it my still be in the trash.
Ross: (jumping to his feet in anger) What?
Dr. Leedbetter: Well, it was quite large. I-I-I-I-I had to throw most of it away.
Ross: You-you-you-you (trying to remain in control) threw my sandwich away!
          (Full script here )

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!