Monday, January 18, 2010

Boeuf Bourguignon & the Golden Globes



We like movies and we like award shows.  When there is an award show we try to pick a dish that goes in any remote way with the film we are rooting for....Chinese Takeout, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon;  Tandoori chicken and a veggie thali - Slumdog Millionaire, that sort of thing. We don't get out much anymore...
As is the case with most famouse dishes, there are more ways than one to arrive at a good beouf bourguignon. Carefully done, and perfectly flavored, it is certainly one of the most delicious beef dishes concocted by man....
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking, p. 315


Although the slow cooker route takes the same amount of preparation time {in addition to 8-10 hours in the crock pot} the recipe takes less wine and broth.  You essentially leave and forget it, giving us time to take the kids and the dog to the beach.



(Yes, the dog with the big stick is part of my family)

I used a 2007 Patriarch Pinot Noir.  I am not an expert in Pinot Noir.  Like everyone else, I enjoyed Sideways, but I am not so sure what all the fuss is about.


Here is the outcome of my efforts

Delicious.
Just a little left over which we will enjoy on Tuesday.
Happy Monday! Back to the day job...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!