Monday, January 25, 2010

Address to a Haggis





Harriet Michaels: Do you actually like haggis?


Charlie Mackenzie: No, I think it's repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.
-So I Married an Axe Murderer
(don't you absolutely LOVE the scene where Rod Stewart's
"So you think I'm Sexy" is played on the bagpipes?)


So do you have a Burns Day Supper planned for tonight, complete with renditions of Selkirk Grace, the Address to a Haggis, and Auld Lang Sang?

According to the Guardian, the US is about to lift the 21 year ban on haggis.
Our family love all things Scottish, except the cuisine (the deep fried mars bars may be an exception).

At the altar, Mr. KJ wore a kilt and sang the Proclaimers' 500 miles.  When we were dating, I gave him a copy of Robbie Burns' anthology and over the years there have been a number of bottles of Talisker and Scottish dramas.   
If you like Scottish film, check out this post for the top 20 Scottish films.  While Mr. KJ is into the Local Hero/Braveheart thing, I'm a Trainspotting/Shallowgrave/Brigadoon kinda gal.
 

(Image from here)
However, you intend to celebrate, have a lovely Robbie Burns Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!